(Lincoln, IL) Lincoln Speedway, located at the Logan County Fairgrounds in Lincoln, IL waved the green on the 2020 racing season. The pits had a stellar field of cars, while the seating in the stands was limited for proper social distancing.
The DIRTcar Pro Late Models had a stacked field of 25 cars sign up to race. After qualifying, three heats, and a b-main, the 20-car field was set for the feature event. The 20-lap race was a good one, with good side-by-side action throughout. Jake Little led the first couple laps before Jose Parga was able to pull of a clean slider in turn two to take the top spot. The race stayed green, almost to the end before a late race caution bunched everyone back up. Down the stretch, Parga was able to hold off Little’s advances, while Aaron Heck, Dakota Ewing, and Brandon Eskew completed the top five. Amazingly, all 20 cars that took the green, also took the checkered with no DNF’s.
Steven Brooks led the first five laps in a 20-car DIRTcar Modified feature before Donovan Lodge made a move on the bottom line. Lodge took the lead on lap six, while Brooks settled in third. Moving into second was Allen Weisser, who was working hard, trying to track down Lodge. The race had just one caution, which came out on lap 17 and bunched the field up for a three lap run to the finish. Coming to the checkered, it was Donovan Lodge claiming the victory in his new car, while Weisser, Steven Brooks, Derrick Carlson, and Austin Lynn completed the top five.
Andy Baugh led the first two laps in the Nutech Seed DII Midget feature before Mitchell Davis scooted by him on lap three. Davis would go on to lead until lap 11 when Baugh made a little contact while getting around him for the top spot. As the duo entered turn three, Davis drove it in a little harder trying to get back to the front and looped his #7x. After the heated exchange at the front between the two, things settled down with Baugh taking the win, followed by Daltyn England, Tyler Roth, Scott Koerner, and Brent Burrows. No one went for the Nutech Seed Front Row challenge so the bonus will be up to $400 for next week.
Cerro Gordo, IL driver, Terry Reed raced into the early lead in the DIRTcar Street Stock feature but it wasn’t going to be an easy feat for the veteran. Reed had a triumvirate of drivers challenge him as Andy Zahnd, Jerrad Krick, and Darrell Dick all held the second spot during the course of the race. Also, making a strong effort was Steve Ewing, who was running up top, while everyone else hugged the bottom. At the checkered, Reed was followed by Dick, Krick, Ewing, and Zahnd.
Rounding out the action was the DIRTcar Hornet class where David Lauritson started in the fourth spot and raced to the lead early on. Lauritson was able to fend off two of some of the best Hornet racers around, with Eric Vanapeldoorn, Brady Reed, Dallas Strach, and Jay Mariuzza racing behind him. The Normal, IL driver claimed his first feature victory after many years of racing at the Lincoln track.
Lincoln Speedway plans to be back in action next Friday, June 19 with the 305 Sprint Cars getting on track for the first time this year. Joining them will be Pro Late Models, Modifieds, Nutech Seed DII Midgets, and Hornets.
For more information, visit www.lincolnspeedwayil.com or search for Lincoln Speedway on Facebook.
LINCOLN SPEEDWAY FEATURE RESULTS
DIRTcar Pro Late Models (Top 10)
(1) 2 +1 Jose Parga New Berlin, IL 6P (2) 1 -1 Jake Little Springfield, IL 38J (3) 4 +1 Aaron Heck Mt. Vernon, IL 59 (4) 5 +1 Dakota Ewing Warrensburg, IL 25 (5) 8 +3 Brandon Eskew Ashland, IL 11E (6) 16 +10 Torin Mettille Cullom, IL 116 (7) 6 -1 Logan Moody Catlin, IL 162 (8) 14 +6 Tucker Finch Jacksonvile, IL 25T (9) 3 -6 Timmy Dick Monticello, IL 12 (10) 19 +9 Cody Maguire Carlinville, IL 32M
DIRTcar Modifieds (Top 10)
(1) 3 +2 Donovan Lodge Andover, IL 32 (2) 2 – Allen Weisser Peoria, IL 25W (3) 1 -2 Steven Brooks Bradley, IL 5 (4) 7 +3 Derrick Carlson Murrayville, IL 37 (5) 8 +3 Austin Lynn Mason City, IL 72A (6) 6 – Brandon Roberts Ashland, IL 35 (7) 14 +7 Trevor Neville Mackinaw, IL 777 (8) 17 +9 Ray Bollinger Kewanee, IL 77 (9) 4 -5 Jeremy Nichols Lovington, IL J24 (10) 11 +1 Brian Lynn Mason City, IL 14
Nutech Seed DII Midgets (Top 10)
(1) 1 – Andy Baugh Mason City, IL 37 (2) 3 +1 Daltyn England Springfield, IL 19E (3) 9 +6 Tyler Roth Springfield, IL 18 (4) 8 +4 Scott Koerner Joliet, IL 1 (5) 13 +8 Brent Burrows Lewistown, IL 51 (6) 11 +5 Mark McMahill Peoria, IL 57 (7) 2 -5 Adam Taylor Shorewood, IL 7 (8) 7 -1 Kevin Battefeld Lewistown, IL 42 (9) 4 -5 Mitchell Davis Auburn, IL 7X (10) 15 +5 Will Armitage Athens, IL 51R
DIRTcar Street Stocks (Top 10)
(1) 1 – Terry Reed Cerro Gordo, IL 5T (2) 6 +4 Darrell Dick Monticello, IL 22 (3) 3 – Jerrad Krick Earl park, IN 99K (4) 4 – Steve Ewing Decatur, IL 95 (5) 2 -3 Andy Zahnd White Heath, IL 2Z (6) 7 +1 Jaret Duff Maroa, IL 21 (7) 5 -2 Rudy Zaragoza Jacksonville, IL 67 (8) 15 +7 Wes Biesenthal Athens, IL 14 (9) 11 +2 Greg Roberts Varna, IL 15 (10) 12 +2 Jason Sharrow Clinton, IL 311
DIRTcar Hornets (Top 10)
(1) 4 +3 David Lauritson Normal, IL 15 (2) 1 -1 Eric Vanapeldoorn Clinton, IL E77 (3) 7 +4 Brady Reed Decatur, IL 32B (4) 6 +2 Dallas Strauch East Peoria, IL 24D (5) 3 -2 Jay Mariuzza Pekin, IL 5 (6) 5 -1 Mike Foster Pekin, IL 28F (7) 11 +4 Shane Kelley Hopedale, IL 14K (8) 2 -6 James Womeldorff Pekin, IL 22W (9) 8 -1 Bill Basso Athens, IL 44 (10) 10 – Cook Crawford Lincoln, IL 1