(Lincoln, IL) For the fifth Friday night in-a-row, entertainment was on center stage at the Logan County Fairgrounds ¼-mile dirt track, Lincoln Speedway. Another strong turnout of cars put on a great show for the fans in the stands.
The most exciting feature of the night came from the DIRTcar Pro Late Models. 17 drivers took the green flag with Jose Parga leading the way for the early laps. Teammate Dakota Ewing was pressuring up front and took the lead away on lap five. Parga ran in the top five until he spun while trying to pass a lap car in turn one, on lap eleven. Back to green, it was Ewing and Brandon Eskew putting on some top notch entertainment at the front of the pack. Slidejob after slidejob, the two drivers were racing hard for the lead. Eventually, Ewing set sail over the final laps to claim the feature victory. Following the Warrensburg, IL driver were Eskew, Jake Little, Tommy Sheppard, and Roben Huffman.
The DIRTcar Modifieds had another stout field on hand with Brian Diveley and Mike Brooks starting up front. Diveley, a former Big Ten Super Late Model champion, has been strong in his Modified this year but had yet to find victory lane. The changed on this night, as the Springfield driver was flawless at the front and was able to stretch his lead at the end. Brooks came home an impressive second, while Brian Lynn, Austin Lynn, and Sheppard completed the top five.
In DIRTcar Street Stock action, competitors had a tough go of it at the start with a few drivers eliminated from early crashes. The most severe was Rudy Zaragoza’s #67 after he and Andy Zahnd collided coming down the backstretch. That handed the lead to Terry Reed, who claimed a win on opening night. Reed, a Cerro Gordo, IL resident, took his second win of the year at Lincoln, while Jaret Duff, Zahnd, Jeremy Madsen, and Wes Biesenthal finished off the top five.
Mark McMahill looked to be the man to beat in the early going of the 15-lap Nutech Seed DII Midget feature event. However, perennial favorite, Andy Baugh, made his move to the inside with about five to go to take the lead away. The Mason City driver claimed his third win of the season, while McMahill, Korey Weyant, Will Armitage, and Jace Sparks were in the top five. The Nutech Seed Front Row Challenge was unclaimed and the bonus will be $200 next Friday night.
Decatur, IL driver, Brady Reed, raced into the early lead and never looked back in the DIRTcar Hornet feature event. Dallas Strauch was able to hang onto second, while Joe Reed raced from tenth to third. Erik Vanapeldoorn took the fourth spot while Eldon Hemken finished fifth.
Lincoln Speedway will be back at it next Friday, July 17 as the Built Ford Tough MOWA 410 Winged Sprint Cars open up their 2020 racing season. DIRTcar Pro Late Models, Modifieds, Nutech Seed DII Midgets, Hornets, and KidModz will also be in action.
For more information, visit www.lincolnspeedwayil.com.
FEATURE RESULTS (Top 10’s)
DIRTcar Pro Late Models
(1) 1 – Dakota Ewing Warrensburg, IL 25 (2) 4 +2 Brandon Eskew Ashland, IL 11E (3) 6 +3 Jake Little Springfield, IL 38J (4) 3 -1 Tommy Sheppard Jr New Berlin, IL 27 (5) 8 +3 Roben Huffman Midland City, IL 33H (6) 5 -1 Blake Damery Blue Mound, IL 10 (7) 17 +10 Cody Maguire Carlinville, IL 32M (8) 13 +5 Ryan Little Springfield, IL 38L (9) 2 -7 Jose Parga New Berlin, IL 6P (10) 12 +2 Zac Kuhel Pekin, IL 2K
(1) 2 +1 Brian Diveley Springfield, IL 11D (2) 3 +1 Mike Brooks Peoria, IL (3) 3 5 +2 Brian Lynn Mason City, IL 14 (4) 12 +8 Austin Lynn Mason City, IL 72A (5) 1 -4 Tommy Sheppard Jr New Berlin, IL T6 (6) 7 +1 Donovan Lodge Andover, IL 32L (7) 11 +4 Steve Stotler O’fallon, MO 16S (8) 18 +10 Austin Charron Peoria, IL 83 (9) 9 – Trevor Neville Mackinaw, IL 777 (10) 4 -6 Rick Weitekamp Springfield, IL 89W
DIRTcar Street Stocks
(1) 4 +3 Terry Reed Cerro Gordo, IL 5 (2) 5 +3 Jaret Duff Maroa, IL 21 (3) 2 -1 Andy Zahnd White Heath, IL 2Z (4) 9 +5 Jeremy Madsen Pawnee, IL 44J (5) 3 -2 Wes Biesenthal Athens, IL 14 (6) 7 +1 Shawn Ziemer Boody, IL 23Z (7) 8 +1 Dustin Reed Decatur, IL 21R (8) (DNF) 1 -7 Rudy Zaragoza Jacksonville, IL 67 (9) (DNF) 10 +1 Carter Dart Springfield, IL D7 (10) (DNF) 6 -4 Michael Jackson Concord, IL 89
Nutech Seed DII Midgets
(1) 2 +1 Andy Baugh Mason City, IL 37 (2) 1 -1 Mark McMahill Peoria, IL 57 (3) 6 +3 Korey Weyant Springfield, IL 7X (4) 4 – Will Armitage Athens, IL 51R (5) 7 +2 Jace Sparks Crystal Lake, IL 17 (6) 5 -1 Dave Baugh Bloomington, IL 7B (7) 9 +2 John Heitzman San Jose, IL 00 (8) (DNF) 11 +3 Daltyn England Springfield, IL 19E (9) (DNF) 3 -6 Tyler Roth Springfield, IL 18 (10) (DNF) 8 -2 Kelli Harter Dawson, IL 22K
(1) 2 +1 Brady Reed Decatur, IL 32B (2) 1 -1 Dallas Strauch East Peoria, IL 24D (3) 10 +7 Joe Reed Decatur, IN K9 (4) 11 +7 Erik Vanapeldoorn Clinton, IL E77 (5) 3 -2 Eldon Hemken Sorento, IL WHO2 (6) 5 -1 Nick Johnson Bartonville, IL 30J (7) 8 +1 Billy Mason Brownstown, IL 357 (8) 13 +5 Mike Foster Pekin, IL 28F (9) 12 +3 Kyle Harper Metamora, IL 37H (10) 15 +5 Jimmy Dutlinger Hanna City, IL 28